Home . Resources
Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
1) We believe that the Bible, containing the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God and is the final authority on the Christian faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
2) We believe there is only one God, who exists eternally in three equal persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — and who created out of nothing the heavens and the earth and all that is in them by the power of His spoken word (Genesis 1:1; Genesis 1:26; Psalm 33:6; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1-3; Mark 1:9-11; Hebrews 11:3).
3) We believe that Jesus Christ is both true God and true man (Exodus 3:13-15 and John 8:58-59; John 1:1-18; John 10:30-33; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 2:1418). We believe in His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23; Luke 1:26-35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His substitutionary death (Romans 4:25; Romans 5:8; Galatians 3:13-14; Hebrews 2:9); His physical resurrection (Luke 24:39-43; I Corinthians 15:1-22); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19; Luke 24:50-53); and His personal, visible, and bodily return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead (Acts 1:11; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 22:12).
4) We believe that men and women were created by God in His own image (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6), that marriage was instituted by God whereby a man and a woman are joined together in lifelong commitment to faithful companionship, and that Biblical marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable context for sexual intimacy (Genesis 2:20-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Romans 7:2; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
5) We believe men and women were created in the image of God, after His likeness, and therefore have transcendent, intrinsic worth. (Gen. 1:27) The unjustified destruction of any human being from conception to natural death (e.g., through abortion, embryonic stem cell research, cloning, doctor-assisted suicide, etc.) is wrong. (Ex. 21:22)
6) We believe that all men and women are born spiritually separated from God because of sin (Genesis 3:23-24; Romans 3:10-12; I John 1:8-10), and are incapable of being reconciled to God apart from the work of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:6-8; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:1-5). We believe that man is justified (declared righteous) by God on the single ground of the righteousness of Jesus Christ (namely, His sacrificial and atoning death on the cross to pay the penalty for sin, and His perfect obedience, received by faith apart from works. (Isaiah 53:1-12; Jeremiah 23:6; Matthew 20:28; John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:21-26; Romans 4:1-3; Romans 5:8-19; Romans 10:1-10; I Corinthians 1:30; II Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 2:21; Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 3:9; I John 4:10).
7) We believe that ultimately God will judge the living and the dead. Those who are saved will rise to eternal life, and those that are lost to eternal punishment (Matthew 16:27; John 5:28-29; Matthew 25:46; I Corinthians 15:12-17).
8) We believe that the Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers. (I Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 2:19-21; Hebrews 10:25)
9) We believe in the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, who indwells believers enabling them to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 5:15-21).
While LTCS acknowledges and respects the legitimate differences that exist within evangelical theology, only the above doctrines will be taught as truth in our school.
*Above statements use some wording from the following organizations’ statements of faith: Koinonia Christian Schools, Evangelical Fellowship of Canada and Stand to Reason
Learn More About Living Truth Christian School
Email Us at